Our Security Systems Engineer II has core responsibilities in both security and system/network administration. The security role requires leading the organization’s security strategy, platform and solutions to meet the changing needs of the industry and compliance regulations. As part of this function, you will guide the Network Operations team in all efforts to maintain a secure network. Specific duties of advanced firewall administration are required on a daily basis. This position commands a comprehensive knowledge of various security technologies and industry standards to ensure proper compliance.
The Security Systems Engineer II will also provide system administration including implementation, maintenance and integration of the corporate WAN, LAN server architecture and supporting applications. This individual must be a subject matter expert for Linux and Windows platforms. Daily tasks will include assistance in build, rack, maintain and fully manage complex server systems, support all applications and operating systems installed within the WAN/LAN and plan, build and implement new systems/applications or upgrades to the network infrastructure as requested.
What you’ll need!
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; plus 4-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or CCNE/MSCE certifications a plus.
- 2+ years of progressive responsibility in managing a complex corporate enterprise firewall, including experience with security administration, network infrastructure and network administration experience, with an emphasis in cloud and on premise security.
- Solid experience with CheckPoint Firewall Blades, Windows/Linux/VMware server management, and hypervisors preferred.
- SAINS GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification desirable.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Listening and Analytical Skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and the will to win
- Successful completion of a background investigation is required.
If you are interested in joining one of our mission-driven teams, apply today and submit your resume, cover letter on our ADP WorkforceNow site at https://bit.ly/35ktoda or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
FES is a nonprofit foundation that provides support to communities and nonprofit organizations so they can focus on fulfilling their missions. For over 30 years, FES has served the needs of those who serve their communities such as hospitals, schools, and other nonprofit organizations. We help these organizations with a professional image and promotion, with IT security, websites and with setting up or maintaining their networks.
Our experience gives us a unique understanding of the needs of the non-profit community along with the ability to develop time-saving, cost-effective solutions. We’re here to help. Our goal is to simplify life for the clients we serve.
Why Join Us
At FES, we hire the most talented people for our teams. We have a passion to provide support to communities and nonprofit organizations so they can succeed in fulfilling their missions. We support those who serve others!
What We Offer
- Support. We’ll provide a positive environment and provide you the tools for success.
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Professional Growth and Career Development
- A fun Casual Work Environment
- We value a Work Life Balance
- Benefits! (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and two retirement benefits with a 100% 401(k) match!)
- Want to continue your education? We can help with that! We offer tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year.
- Ready for a vacation? Well, you are in luck! We provide employees with 10 paid holidays and 15 days of vacation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FES and The National Student Loan Program take affirmative action to insure that applicants with job related qualifications are employed and employees are treated when employed without regard to their race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability.