Our Financial Aid Operations Specialist is responsible for assisting students and parents in completing the verification process for our partner schools making the federal financial aid verification process easier. The Specialist is responsible for answering questions during review of the FAFSA form and requested documentation received. This position communicates with students and/or parents via phone and email throughout the entire verification process.
What you’ll need!
- Problem-solving skills
- Listening skills
- Superior communication skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and the will to win
- Strong attention to detail
- Stable work history
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or one year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Position is located in Lincoln, NE; employee must reside within driving distance of our office location.
- Successful completion of a background investigation is required.
- Full-time hours M-F 10 am – 7 pm
Qualifications to Work Remotely When Required
- Ability to have a wired, high-speed internet connection
- Access to a secure work environment that includes a quiet space when conducting business-related calls.
How to Apply
Who We Are
The National Student Loan Program, a private, non-profit organization with a mission to empower students for a lifetime of financial success. From planning for college to paying for college, we strive towards providing greater student financial success.
At the National Student Loan Program (NSLP), we hire the most talented people for our teams. We have a passion for higher education. We provide expertise in higher education access, student loan repayment, analytics, default prevention, financial education and verification. Our mission is to support schools as they arm students with the knowledge needed to become financially responsible citizens.
What We Offer
- We’ll provide a positive environment and provide you the tools for success with annual performance reviews and opportunity for salary increases.
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Professional Growth and Career Development
- A fun Casual Work Environment that values a Work Life Balance.
- Potential to earn Hybrid Work from Home & Office Schedule.
- Benefits! (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and two retirement benefits with a 100% 401(k) match!)
- We value education and offer tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year.
- We not only provide employees with 10 paid holidays every year, you’ll also receive 12 days of vacation and 10 days sick time annually.
Potential Starting Salary
- $31,200 Annual Salary
Equal Opportunity Employer
FES and The National Student Loan Program takes affirmative action to insure that applicants with job related qualifications are employed and employees are treated when employed without regard to their race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability.