We’re seeking a Bilingual College Planning Specialist to assist students, parents, and adults seeking information and support in career exploration, college research, and the financial aid process including the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The ideal candidate loves to engage with audiences both large and small through virtual and in-person formats, has the ability to positively impact student achievement and professional development, and is extremely passionate about improving access to higher education in Nebraska.
What does a typical day look like? Sometimes it’s preparing financial aid, admissions, and student loan applications while at other times it’s working to resolve problems, assisting in the college and career search process, and responding to questions regarding financial aid and college admissions. Our services are primarily provided to high schools, community-based agencies, and middle schools on occasion. In addition, this position provides support and develops relationships with professional partners including high school counselors, community agency professionals, administrators, educators, college admissions, and financial aid personnel.
When you join the EducationQuest family, your part of a dedicated and supportive team that thrives on making a difference and helps move you and our organization forward.
What you’ll need!
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required; and two years of related experience and/or training in college admissions, financial aid, school counseling, or the student loan industry preferred.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing financial aid programs, college admissions, and financial aid procedures is desirable.
- Familiarity with college admissions and entrance procedures is beneficial.
- Proven ability to read and understand procedure manuals or federal regulations and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Impeccable attention to detail partnered with project management and data analysis experience.
- Effectively present information to large and small groups virtually, in-person, and in one-on-one situations.
- Ability to provide own transportation and automotive insurance.
- Irregular hours including some weekends, evenings, and overnight travel required.
- Position is located in our Lincoln College Planning Office.
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish required.
- Successful completion of a background investigation is required.
If you want to help others achieve their educational goals, apply today and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements on our ADP Workforce Now site at https://bit.ly/3nGhhzJ or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
At EducationQuest Foundation, we hire the most talented people for our teams. We are a nonprofit organization with a passion to improve access to higher education in Nebraska. We provide free college planning services, need-based scholarship programs, college access grants for high schools, college access resources for middle schools and outreach services for community agencies. If you like a fun, collaborative, and challenging work environment, where you will have an incredible impact on college access you’ll fit right in.
What We Offer
- Support. We’ll provide a positive environment and provide you the tools for success with annual performance reviews and the opportunity for salary increases.
- We value a Work/Life Balance
- Benefits! (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and two retirement benefits with a 100% 401(k) match!)
- We value education and offer tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year.
- We not only provide employees with 11 paid holidays every year, but you’ll also receive 15 days (3 weeks) of vacation and 10 days of sick time annually.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FES and EducationQuest take affirmative action to insure that applicants with job related qualifications are employed and employees are treated when employed without regard to their race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability.