We’re seeking an Accounting Manager to be involved in general ledger and technical and analytical support of accounting activities including financial reporting, general ledger accounting, bank and investment reconciliations, and other financial and data management processes. The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, possess a strong understanding of accounting principles and financial regulations and maintain excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In addition to providing the day-to-day oversight of financial activities, our Accounting Manager is responsible for training and coordinating the activities of the Accounting staff.
In short, we’re looking for a highly motivated professional that loves to make a difference. We are extremely passionate about improving access to higher education in Nebraska. You’ll be part of a dedicated and supportive team that helps move you and our organizations forward.
What you’ll need!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance from a four-year college.
- Successful passing of the CPA or CMA exam with certification preferred.
- Three years related experience in public accounting, private industry or the not-for-profit sector.
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics and Report Writer software such as Solver BI360.
- Ability to use PC-based software systems in a Microsoft Windows environment and proficient with QuickBase and Hubspot desired.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize work, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem solves, thinks analytically, and is attentive to detail.
- Self-motivated, independent worker.
- Successful completion of a background investigation is required.
If you want to help others achieve their educational goals, apply today and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements on our ADP WorkforceNow site at https://bit.ly/3sQZtSB or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Join Us
At EducationQuest Foundation, we hire the most talented people for our teams. We are a nonprofit organization with a passion to improve access to higher education in Nebraska. We provide free college planning services, need-based scholarship programs, college access grants for high schools, college access resources for middle schools and outreach services for community agencies. If you like a fun, collaborative, and challenging work environment, where you will have an incredible impact on college access you’ll fit right in.
What We Offer
- We’ll provide a positive environment and provide you the tools for success.
- A fun Casual Work Environment
- We value a Work Life Balance
- We reward candidates by offering competitive pay.
- Benefits! (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and two retirement benefits with a 100% 401 (k) match!)
- Want to continue your education? We can help with that! We offer tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year.
- Ready for a vacation? Well, you are in luck! We provide employees with 10 paid holidays and 15 days of vacation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FES and EducationQuest take affirmative action to insure that applicants with job related qualifications are employed and employees are treated when employed without regard to their race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability.