The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for understanding and supporting most accounting related and business planning functions, processing general ledger entries, setting up and preparing account reconciliations, entering journal entries, account payables functions and preparation of bank deposits. In addition, this position will assist with and manage bookkeeping related duties for external clients. Our coordinators actively participate in special projects, may perform backup functions for various positions and focus on driving best practices and process improvements. If this sounds like you, then you’ll definitely want to keep reading!
The perks of working at FES go far beyond our benefits package. When you join the FES family, you’re part of a dedicated and supportive team that helps move you and our organization forward. Our goal is to simplify life for the non-profit communities we serve by providing time-saving, cost effective solutions so our clients can focus on what truly matters, fulfilling their missions.
What you’ll need!
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting required.
- A team oriented and highly motivated individual with 4 years professional experience in accounting and accounting-related endeavors.
- Experience working with mid-range computer based general ledger accounting systems and platforms, especially Great Plains Dynamics and QuickBooks software.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
- You are computer and systems savvy with a solid understanding of MS Office Applications, expert in Excel or similar spreadsheet software and proficiency in Access.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Responsive and follows-through providing outstanding customer service.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- A problem solving personality with impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize work, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
If you are interested in joining one of our mission-driven teams, apply today and submit your resume and cover letter on our ADP Workforce Now site at https://bit.ly/3cFP5Y3 or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
FES is a nonprofit that provides support to communities and nonprofit organizations so they can focus on fulfilling their missions. For over 30 years, FES has served the needs of those who serve their communities such as hospitals, schools, and other nonprofit organizations. We help these organizations with a professional image and promotion, with IT security, websites and with setting up or maintaining their networks.
Our experience gives us a unique understanding of the needs of the non-profit community along with the ability to develop time-saving, cost-effective solutions. We’re here to help. Our goal is to simplify life for the clients we serve.
At FES, we hire the most talented people for our teams and help build rewarding careers with our commitment to serving others. We have a passion to provide support to communities and nonprofit organizations so they can succeed in fulfilling their missions. If you are a diligent professional who enjoys working with people, dreams about numbers and is ready to go the extra mile, then FES could be the perfect place for you!
What We Offer
- Support. We’ll provide a positive environment and provide you the tools for success with annual performance reviews and opportunity for salary increases.
- A fun Casual Work Environment that values a Work Life Balance.
- We reward candidates by offering competitive pay.
- Benefits! (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and two retirement benefits with a 100% 401 (k) match!)
- We value education and offer tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year.
- We not only provide employees with 10 paid holidays every year, you’ll also receive15 days (3 weeks) of vacation and 10 days sick time annually.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FES takes affirmative action to insure that applicants with job related qualifications are employed and employees are treated when employed without regard to their race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability.